Currently Accepting Summer New Hire
Interviews: April 12-13
Decisions will be released by: Wednesday, April 16
- 1. Where to apply? Pay an in-person visit to the services you’re interested in, read their descriptions, and check out What We’re Looking For below. If you’re sure you’d like to work for The Corp, and it’s hiring season — and yes, you can apply to as many services as you want! — go on to the next step.
- 2. Fill out the application? Go to the online job application, create an account, and apply! (Hint: Read A Guide to Your Corp Application on The Corp’s blog Behind The Counter)
- 3. Interview. Read through Sample Interview Questions and Interview Tips below so you’ll be ready if you get an interview.
- 4. Chill out. Stressing out after an interview is no fun. Go to a movie, read a book, or hang out with some friends. We’ll get back to you within a week of your interview.
If at any point you have a question about the company or the hiring process, email the Director of HR (hrthecorporg).
If you have trouble with the online application, email the Director of IT (itthecorporg).
A Corp Employee is:
1. Committed to the Community (involved on campus/high school, community service, customer service)
2. Corp-fessional (hardworking, enjoyable efficiency, responsibility)
3. Personable (connects with customers, polite, friendly, social, open-minded)
4. Entrepreneurial (perspective, pragmatic, innovative, multi-faceted)
5. Passionate (dependable, interest in learning, respectful, polite, committed to customer service)
6. Self-motivated (quick learner, good communicator, self starter, leader)
7. Resourceful (manage stress well, juggle commitments, think on their feet)
8. Committed to the Corp (wants to be a part of the Corp, loyalty to peers)
[accn title = "Sample Interview Questions"]
Interview questions are designed to find out more about you as a person and what kind of employee you might be. As with all things, the best advice is to be yourself and present yourself professionally, but this short sample of questions from previous interviews may help you prepare:
1. What excites you most about becoming part of The Corp?
2. When was the last time you were part of a successful team? What did you do to contribute to that team?
3. What is your greatest weakness? What was one time it showed, and what did you learn from that experience?
4. What do you like to do for fun?
1. Show a genuine interest in The Corp and a passion for the opportunities that the job and company offer
2. Show evidence of responsibility, professionalism and trustworthiness to fulfill the requirements of the job
3. Be fun and interesting, and be excited about learning and becoming part of the service’s culture
4. Show comfort and confidence about working with your peers
5. Be well-spoken and poised, and think before you speak